Welcome to the first Friday Five of 2014!
And welcome new friends! If you are new here, Friday Fives are posts that I do when I have been busy working, but don't yet have a finished project to show you; they are random things from my week that I think are interesting and/or fun. So without further ado...
1. I chose my #oneword and then, through Holley Gerth, found Krafty Kash on Etsy. She makes these great necklaces that are perfect to highlight your One Word. I had some Christmas money to spend, so I got one...
Isn't it beautiful? I love that she uses vintage books to create them. I know I will be wearing it often!
2. I am loving my Juki! I posted about it here, and I just wanted to say, it is still working great, especially with the gorgeous Pottery Barn canvas that I am currently working with. If you have the budget, it is great fabric (especially for this project - we are doing topstitching at the seams, instead of piping).
3. And, WOW! I linked up to Miss Mustard Seed's weekly linky party last week and a WHOLE LOT of people came over to my blog for a visit. If you found your way here via MMS, thank-you for checking out my project! And if you haven't had the chance to check it out, hop over when you are finished here. Just allow yourself some time - there are a LOT of great projects there!
4. Have you seen this yet? I shared it on my Facebook page, but it is too good not to share again :)
5. And finally, have you read this post from Nester? In this age of, what can seem to be an obsessive drive for "Pinterest-worthy" pictures and posts and diy-ing, there is always HOPE (and arrows). Be encouraged :)
Have a great weekend!