Happy Friday! It's been awhile since I have added anything here. Not for lack of work, but just not much to show, since I need to spend my time sewing (and looking after my family!). But, today I thought a Friday Five would be fun, so here we go... :)
1. Going to the dogs... I was going to give this it's own post, but there's not much to tell, except that dogs can have their own slipcovers, too! My client had a couple of large crates that she wanted to have blend into the decor a little more. So we had just enough fabric left over from this job to do this...
Top-stitched to match the couch :)
2. And what would a slipcover for dogs be without a quick peak at the buddies that live at our house...
This one is beagle through and through, but with very intense eyes, so she always looks quite serious.
And this one is our senior dog - going on 14! We have had her since she was 13 months, and she is the Professor's first dog :)
3. A conversation about dogs and slipcovers inevitably leads to laundry (at least in my house!), so I am SO EXCITED to report that these beauties (here and here - and this is not a sponsored post - Lowes has no idea who I am ) will be arriving at out house in 4 days! My mother will attest to the fact that our dryer has been in need of replacement for several years (yes, years!), so we will now have a pair that will work reliably and will have a larger capacity to handle all your fabric washing needs :) And did I mention we have the SMALLEST laundry room ever? First world problem, I know, but it is in the process of a little make-over, which I will show you, if we ever get it done ;)
4. In other exciting news, our oldest has been taking pictures with an old phone that he likes to play with. And I love what he is capturing! Here are some samples...
(Good thing I cleaned the bathroom!) These are unedited by me, except to add the watermarks. I can't wait to see what else he does!
5. And speaking of our oldest, we are embarking on a new therapy adventure with him, starting later this summer. We are very excited about the possibilities for him, but it has meant much communication between us and the therapist, and with the school, to set things up for the fall - part of why I have been a little absent from this place :)
So, Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone - may it be a great time of remembrance and fun :)
P.S. I have some great projects coming up - chenille and tassels, grainsack, and linen (not all the same project ;P )