Hi! I can't believe it's the middle of August already! 10 days until the boys go back to school and regular routine can resume - can I get an "Amen" to that?? Thankfully, this morning the boys are happily playing (and hopefully they are sufficiently motivated by the possibility of Beth Marie's ice cream this afternoon to continue!), so it's time for another Friday Five...
1. Heavy on my mind is my cousin who is having brain surgery in Montreal this morning - praying for her and her family and the surgeons!
Update: her surgery went well; now praying for a speedy recovery.
2. I have been working on this project this week. It's definitely more difficult to get things done with both boys at home (especially since D does not really like the sounds of the sewing machine!), but it's coming along...
3. Speaking of sewing machines, I am seriously thinking of upgrading my machine to an industrial walking foot machine - any advice??
4. Yesterday, the Professor took D for a car ride and D brought these in when they got home - he picked them out and I would say he has pretty good taste in flowers :) Aren't they pretty?
5. This arrived for D the other day - so excited!!!
You can read more about the Snug Vest here. I was excited when I found out about it; then we entered a contest to win one. We didn't win, but were offered a vest at half price. Friends had offered to help us to get one for him, so we did a Go Fund Me campaign and, MANY thanks to generous friends and family, were able to get one! Now to get him to try it long enough to feel the benefits :P
So, how are you spending these last few days of summer (here in Texas we will have summer for awhile yet...)? Are you starting to think of fall?