Happy Friday! I hope your week was good and your weekend promises to be even better :) Well, I worked on the fireplace yesterday, but you'll have to read to the end to see the "after" ;)
1. We made it through our first official week of summer vacation! The boys had two days of day camp (awesome!) and we managed to fill up the rest of the time with trips to the park, therapy appointments, errands, a playdate, and some down time.
2. My favorite product of the summer so far? Sunscreen stick - have you tried it? Not very exciting, but if you are a mom, I'm sure you'll understand. It's probably been around for awhile (I'm a little slow). It just works so great for the boys!
3. Ok, I have two favorite new products ;) Have you tried Tazo Decaf Chai Latte concentrate? I found a carton at Kroger (apparently it's also at Starbucks) and, wow - it makes a delicious drink! A great treat without leaving home :)
4. I got brave and joined my first linky party yesterday - check it out here!
5. Ok, here is the fireplace after (check out the before here)...
I basically used the technique she describes here, and I'll give more step-by-step details another time :) We all like it much better! Now the mantel really looks not-quite-right (and we'll have to do something with the black hole), but we'll live with it for awhile so we can figure out what kind of mantel we want.
And the fabric for my next project arrived yesterday, so it's sewing time!
Do you have any projects for this weekend?